Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Suicide Kills

Suicide Kills: Powerless to Powerful, Klaude Walters, Ridgestone Publishing, 2020

This is the story of one person's journey through extreme levels of despair and heartbreak, until she emerged into the Light.

Growing up in eastern Canada, she had to deal with an alcoholic father, multiple rapes and huge feelings of invisibility and inadequacy. Since she was little, she thought about suicide, and actually tried it. Her older brother succeeded at suicide, and it sent her into an emotional tailspin. Along the way, there was sexual assault at work, the breakup of three marriages, and an abortion (at that time, she felt that she was nowhere near emotionally ready to be a mother). What finally got her to start turning her life around? The first of two bouts with cancer.

The author's top suggestion for anyone in a similar situation is to start a journal, whether on paper or on a computer. Getting those negative feelings out of your head may help to deal with them. For anyone who thinks that no one knows what they are feeling, this author has probably been there. This book is very inspirational, and almost reaches the level of Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment