Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

A Black Woman's Journey

 A Black Woman's Journey, Melissa Owens, 2022

These stories are about one woman's journey through the world of love and relationships. While growing up, she didn't have a male role model, so she had to learn these lessons through experience.

She became a teen mom by a boy who wanted nothing to do with the baby, until after it was born. His mother was much more interested in the baby than he was. She meets a man who is separated from his wife. The relationship seems to have possibilities, until he learns that she has been in a serious auto accident. He decides to move back in with her; this is no time to abandon her.

The author is attracted to another woman; the feeling is mutual. Before the relationship has a chance to get going, it is suddenly stopped in the most awful way imaginable.

This book is a very quick read, and a very good read. The author is very honest and vulnerable, not blaming anyone else for her decisions. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment