Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Un-Monkey Your Busy Mind: Reduce Stress and Anxiety

 Un-Monkey Your Busy Mind: Reduce Stress and Anxiety, P.R. Gallant

 

Occasional stress and anxiety is normal, and part of everyday life. Constant stress and anxiety is not normal, and can be a big problem. That's what this book is all about.

 

When you feel the anxiety level rising, stop and take a deep breath. Look at the source of the anxiety. Are you worried about something that may (or may not) happen? Is a friend not talking to you because you are suddenly convinced that they hate you? In the longer term, consider Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a licensed therapist. It might help you get to the root of your constant anxiety.

 

Next comes meditation. Find some quiet place to sit, or lay down, and concentrate on your breath (breathe in, breathe out). If you want, you can chant something like "Om." Can you spare just three minutes a day? It will take practice to reduce the "volume" on all that stress and anxiety in your head. If sitting, and doing nothing, is not working for you, consider easy exercises like yoga or tai chi.

 

This book is very easy to understand. If it can reduce the anxiety, and the constantly chattering monkeys, in your head by just a little bit, it will have done its job. It is well worth reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment