Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, March 9, 2024

101 Mediterranean Recipes Everyone Craves to Cook

 101 Mediterranean Recipes Everyone Craves to Cook, Alicia Read, 2024

For anyone who has never heard of the Mediterranean Diet, it is all about foods from countries on the Mediterranean Sea, including Spain, Italy and Greece. It is plant-based, with small amounts of fish and lean meat. Olive oil should be the main source of fat, and fresh fruits should be consumed for dessert. Trans fats, processed food and refined grains (the typical American diet) are to be avoided.

Among the dishes in this book are: summer fruit salad, classic basil pesto, pan-seared cod fillets, feta and shrimp macaroni, classic Italian chicken piccata, lamb stew with figs and lemon amaretto almond bars. It is probably a good thing that there are no pictures in this book. What comes out of the oven rarely looks anything like the picture.

For anyone interested in trying the Mediterranean Diet, or just trying something different in the kitchen, this book is a very good place to start. Cook just one recipe, and, if you like it, try a second recipe. Yes, this book is the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment