Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Digital Marketing and E-Commerce

Digital Marketing and E-Commerce (The Complete MBA Coursework Series), Hicham and Mohamed Ibnalkadi, 2021

Part of a series, this book attempts to give a short overview of the world of digital marketing.

The book starts by looking at "traditional" marketing. Some sort of marketing plan is needed, ahead of time. Segmentation of the market is also very important. Who is your customer? Don't say "everybody." What makes your product or service different from the rest of the market? The next thing to consider id the marketing mix (product, place, price and promotion).

Today, there are many more marketing avenues. Come up with several different ads, or several different versions of the same ad. What works on Instagram will not work on Twitter. An ad that works on Facebook will not work on Snapchat. There are ways to analyze how well each ad is working. How many people are clicking on your ad? How many of those people actually buy your product?

For millions of people all over the world, access to the Internet is through their cellphone. The average online banner ad will not work on a cellphone. There are a number of ways to reach a potential customer, like through SMS or text messages. Overall, don't ignore older marketing methods, like email mailing lists, and video marketing through YouTube.

This does a really good job at presenting an overview of the world of digital marketing. It is recommended for MBA students. It is also recommended for small and large business owners who want to start digital marketing. This is very much worth reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment