Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Haunted Past

 Haunted Past, Lisa Lahti, Independently Published, 2021

This novel is the fourth in the series of Jessie and Michael. More than a year after being told that Michael committed suicide, Jessie is on the porch of his family's farm. It is not a very friendly visit. Jessie finds herself having to deal with a web of secrets, and major decisions. She marries someone else, but her heart is not in it. Nor is her heart in his baby that she is carrying.

To paraphrase the famous saying: Reports of Michael's death are greatly exaggerated. After more than two years in hiding, Michael returns to reclaim his family. He has a hard time dealing with Jessie having moved on with her life. On top of trying to get her back, a visitor at the front door says that he is Michael's son. Can Jessie and Michael find happiness, and live "happily ever after?"

Their relationship has had more than its share of ups and downs. Romance fans will love this book. It has lots of good writing, and its retelling of Romeo and Juliet will keep the reader interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment