Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Stop Stopping Yourself

 Stop Stopping Yourself: How to Stop Procrastination, Get More Done and Achieve Goals That Could Change Your Life, Mario Benci, Independently Published, 2021

Are you constantly missing deadlines and failing to get things done? So did Steve Jobs and Nelson Mandela. This book explores how to stop procrastinating; everyone has been there at one time or another.

The author looks at the many causes of procrastination. Among them are: fear of failure, lack of focus, perfectionism, laziness, self-image and unclear goals. For instance, a vague goal like "I want to get healthy" will not do any good at all. How will you know if you have achieved it? Change it to something more specific, like "I want to lose at least 10 pounds before summer beach season." Procrastination is not biological or genetic; you were not "born that way." It's a mindset that can be changed, if you have the motivation to do it.

This short book is full of information. It is recommended for everyone; we all have experienced procrastination at some point in our lives. Here is a first-rate piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment