Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Crossword Puzzles for Kids Ages 9-12

 Crossword Puzzles for Kids Ages 9-12, Maky Publishing, 2023, ISBN 9798395688866

Like the title says, this is a book of crossword puzzles for older children.

There are ten clues per puzzle (each puzzle is on a separate page). Each puzzle deals with a different subject, like countries, food, space, jobs, recycling and pirates.

This book will help improve a child's memory and critical reasoning skills. It will also help a child's vocabulary. Nearly anything that gets a child to use their brain is a good thing. This book may spark a life-long interest in crossword puzzles. It may also keep the child entertained on those long trips to Grandma's house. Yes, it is worth the money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment