Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Tea Lover's Bible

 The Tea Lover's Bible, Lydia Merrill, 2023

This is a very comprehensive look at the world of tea.

The book explores tea's history; it was first discovered several thousand years ago in China. There are many kinds of tea grown all over the world; the book considers all of them. It is much more than just the black or green tea found in your local supermarket. Tea leaves are better than tea bags. Tea has lots of health benefits. 

Several countries around the world, especially Japan and England, take tea, and its proper serving, very seriously. The book includes several food recipes that have crushed tea leaves as one of the ingredients. It's also possible to put crushed tea leaves in cocktails and other drinks. 

Have you ever considered growing your own tea plants, so you can have a personal supply of tea leaves? They require specific environmental conditions, and harvesting the leaves is pretty labor intensive, but why not try it?

For those who are passionate about tea, this book is a Must Read. For those who have not yet discovered the world of tea, this book is equally recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment