Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Focal Point

 Focal Point, Brian Tracy, American Management Association, 2002, ISBN 0814471293

This book presents a method to achieve all of your personal and professional goals.

In business, it has been said that 80 percent of your revenue comes from 20 percent of your customers (or daily work tasks). Find your 20 percent and concentrate on them. Delegate to others, outsource or eliminate everything else. Everyone has work tasks that are urgent and important. Others are not urgent and not important. There are a lot of tasks that are somewhere in the middle. Concentrate on the urgent and important tasks. Eliminate the not urgent and not important tasks. Delegate or outsource all those tasks that are in the middle.

Imagine your perfect life, whether it involves your career, family, health or financial situation. How do you get from here to there? You are the only one who can change your life. You need to take a deep breath, focus on "it," whatever it is, and resolve to do at least one thing to get you closer to it, every day.

Even if you don't reach the level of "perfect," even if your situation improves by only a few percent, this book will have done its job. It is very easy to understand, and is highly recommended for people from all walks of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment