Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Embracing God in the Right Perspective With the Right Foundation of Faith in Him

Embracing God in the Right Perspective With the Right Foundation of Faith in Him, Chris Tham, Independently Published, 2020 

This Book is intended to remind mankind that God's love for us is eternal. It is a good step towards salvation, and finding one's place in the world. The book does not just include many Bible excerpts, but expands on them to help them be understood by the average person. A Man consists of three parts: spirit, soul and body (flesh). Put the spirit first and there is enlightenment in one's heart and mind. When one satisfies the gratifications of the flesh, the person is in trouble.

I don't know if I would call it my favorite chapter, but I enjoyed chapter 13. When life gets really hard, like during these Days of COVID, it can be hard to remember that God Loves You All The time, especially for those who have lost a loved one to the disease.   

The old saying goes: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." I must not be "ready" because I had a very hard time "getting" this book. I do not mean to suggest that this is a bad book, because it isn't. For anyone who is looking for a closer relationship with God, or who just needs a spiritual "jumpstart", this book is truly amazing and enlightening, and well worth reading. (4 to 4 1/2 stars).

No comments:

Post a Comment