Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, April 21, 2023

Barefoot in the Forest of You

 Barefoot In the Forest of You, Nic Obi, 2022

 

When you were a child, life was all about fun and play (and exploring). Where did that joy go? What happened? Adulthood happened. Life happened. This book presents some ways to recapture that child's joy as an adult.

 

Imagine all negativity leaving your body, while you are sitting on the toilet. To combat procrastination, imagine that an invisible film crew is with you all the time, turning your life into a movie. Perhaps it is a romantic comedy, or an action film. The human body consists of trillions of micro-organisms; billions are born and die every day. Imagine that those "new" micro-organisms are smiley-face emojis, filled with joy at getting the chance to serve you. Maybe, one day, all that joy will pour out of you, like an aura, and you will spread it to others. You are looking at yourself in a mirror, and a 90-year-old you looks back at you. Future You regrets that they never did "it," whatever it is. Snapping back to the present, you suddenly have the chance to change the future, and remove that bit of regret from Future You.

 

This is a very eye-opening book. Some of the suggestions may seem a little weird, but give them a chance. They may be just what you need. More than one reading might be necessary to "get" this book, but it is time very well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment