Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Yarashell Abbily and Her Very Messy Room

Yarashell Abbily and Her Very Messy Room, Sybrina Durant, CreateSpace, 2014

This is the tale of a little girl and her very messy room.

Yarashell is your average three-year-old who jumps out of bed each morning with a spring in her step and a song in her heart. She tears through her dresser, and her closet, looking for the right outfit to wear (it just happens to match the outfit of one of her dolls). Her room is now a mess, because Yarashell has tossed clothes everywhere in her search for the right outfit. Mom walks in, and she is not very happy.

Yarashell can't explain it, but says that she enjoys messing up her room. Dad is called in, to see if he can help. Can Dad convince (and not tell) Yarashell to clean up her room?

This book is made to be read to the average three- or four-year-old, especially those who are in the "messy room" stage. It helps when the author dedicates the book to her four granddaughters, who each had a messy room when they were Yarashell's age. Yes, this book is really worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment