Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Flying High Through the Course of Life

Flying High Through the Course of Life - The Challenge: Thinking Your Way to Self-Realization, Dr. Orna Markus Ben-Zvi, Niv Books, 2020

Many books have been written about how to live a happier and more emotionally fulfilling life. This book is different.

How is this book different? It is short (less than 100 pages), and it consists of 200 affirmations, or things to remember, or ways to get more out of life. Here are a few examples: From this day on, we will live our lives in gratitude. Adopt a more optimistic approach to life. We are not perfect because perfect people do not exist. In many ways, man creates his own life, full of suffering or full of joy. Never agree to be taken for granted. A man is alive as long as he has dreams. The teacher's role is to plant the seeds of morality, humanity and love of man in his/her students.

This is a gem of a book. It can be picked up and read starting anywhere, and it is recommended for people from all walks of life. Everyone will find some sort of help in this book. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment