Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Unworthy

 The Unworthy, Michael Prelee, Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, 2023

Part three of a series, this science fiction story is about a man named Nathan. Along with his crew, he is an interstellar "repo man," repossessing spaceships whose owners have fallen behind on their payments.

As mankind spreads out in the galaxy, it runs into planets that are not suitable for humans. Instead of changing the planet to fit humans, why not change humans to fit the planet? Xandra, the richest woman in the solar system, wants Nathan and his crew to find a ship that has been missing for the past several years. They are not told that "experiments" with uninformed human subjects, have been happening on the ship (think "crimes against humanity"). 

The crew gets control of the ship, and make a "jump" in the direction of Earth, or so it thinks. The ship's navigation system has been sabotaged, so they, literally, don't know where they are in the galaxy. Does the ship, and its evidence, reach Earth? Does Xandra get what she deserves?

Here is an excellent novel. It has everything a reader could want, including good writing, deep space and monsters. This is a gem of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment