Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50

 Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50, Lucy Blair, Independently Published, 2021

What is intermittent fasting? The short answer is that it is fasting for a specific period of time each day, or each week. A possibility is to eat between 12PM and 8PM each day, and fast for the rest of the day. Another possibility is to fast for two entire days each week. Don't make them consecutive; fasting for 48 hours can cause big health problems. Whatever time you choose, this will give your stomach a chance to empty, and your body a chance to burn some of that extra fat you're carrying.

This does not authorize filling up on junk food during your eating time. Eating healthy, or, at least, eating healthier, is part of the expectation. As with any health/diet plan, a visit to your local doctor, ahead of time, is a very good idea. There will be days when you fall "off the wagon," when you need to inhale a fast food meal. Don't worry about it; just be sure to get back "on the wagon."

The book also includes several recipes for smoothies, and looks at juice cleanses and water fasts. It may be intended for women over 50, but this book is recommended for people of any age. Instead of going on a new diet, with their rules and regulations, maybe all that is necessary is changing your eating habits a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment