Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, September 26, 2021

There's So Much I Need to Say to You

 There's So Much I Need to Say to You, Sutton Tell, Friesen Press, 2021

This novel is about Shay and Taryn, both members of the band Pause for Effect. They are also in a relationship with each other, which they have done a good job of hiding from the public (they are both women). After their latest successful tour, Parker, the lead singer, decides to go solo. Shay, a talented photographer, wants to spend several months traveling the world with her camera. Taryn, reluctantly, decides not to go with her. Is the band dead? Is Taryn's relationship with Shay also in the past tense?

While Shay is gallivanting around the world, Taryn meets Violette, a very sophisticated French woman, They sleep together. Taryn impulsively decides to follow Violette to Paris, to officially break up with her. After several months, Shay returns to New York City for an exhibition of her photos. Parker is also there, attempting to make amends for some of his past actions. Does the band get back together? Do Taryn and Shay get back together?

This is a really good story about relationship and the music business. It can be about any type of relationship in the public eye. It may be marketed as an LGBTQ novel, but the same-sex part is a minor part of the story. Yes, it is very much worth reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment