Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, September 5, 2021

The YouTuber

 The YouTuber: Learn How to Start a YouTube Channel, Sverre Steensen, Upstart Garage Media, 2021

This short book is about August and Michael, two average kids who want to start their own YouTube channel. Along the way, they answer many questions that every potential YouTuber needs to answer.

First, what will your channel be about? Find a subject that no one else is doing. Yet another teen gaming channel will face a lot of competition. Do you have a smartphone or video camera to do the filming? Look online for open source editing software, and get familiar with it.

Find ways to publicize your channel, online. Write to other YouTubers, and ask if you can appear on their show. How will people know you exist if you don't tell them? You can plan on getting negative feedback; take a deep breath, and don't get angry. Be Patient. If you are doing it the right way, the followers will come. Last, but not least, don't quit if you don't quickly reach thousands of followers. Treat this as a full-time job.

This is an excellent book for all soon-to-be influencers. It is intended for kids, and is very easy to read and understand. Adults who want to start their own YouTube channel will learn a lot. This is well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment