Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, June 11, 2022

A Healthy Life Without Diets

 A Healthy Life Without Diets, Helen Fastrich, Independently Published, 2022

This book explores a seemingly radical concept. It is possible to lose weight, and live a healthy (or healthier) lifestyle without joining this week's Fad Diet. There are only two rules: Greatly increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables (the fresher, the better). Greatly decrease, or eliminate, your consumption of industrial processed foods, like soda, fast food and red meat.

Water is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Drink a lot more per day than you are drinking now. The author explains exactly what happens, internally, when you are digesting food. She also explains the vitamins and minerals, and other good things, that are contained in fruits and vegetables.

Believe it or not, fat is an essential nutrient. The human body needs a certain amount of it every day. The book also explores various kinds of cooking oils, and when you should, or should not, use them. Getting the required vitamins and minerals directly from fruits and vegetables is best, but getting them from supplements is very acceptable. Eating canned or frozen vegetables is also acceptable, if fresh vegetables are not available.

Don't be concerned if you fall "off the wagon," and have a piece of cake or a whole can of soda at a party. Just get back "on the wagon" as soon as possible. If there is such a thing as a one-stop source on how to live healthier without dieting, this is it. This is highly recommended for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment