Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, June 27, 2022

The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook for Beginners

 The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook for Beginners, Sarah J Candle, Independently Published, 2022

Do you suffer from chronic inflammation? Is your skin usually red and painful? Is there any way to reduce, or eliminate, the pain? This book may be able to help.

Inflammation happens when the immune system reacts to something that it really doesn't like. It could be an allergen, poison ivy, or something you ate that really does not agree with you. Occasional inflammation is acceptable; it shows that your immune system is working properly. It becomes a problem when the inflammation is chronic. That can lead to much bigger problems, like diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis. 

What can be done about it? A good general rule is to greatly increase your consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. At the same time, you need to greatly reduce, or eliminate, your consumption of processed food, soda and fast food (the typical American diet). 

This book provides recipes for all meals in the day. Each recipe includes a color picture of the item, and the recipes are spread out, with only two recipes per page. This is in great contrast to other cookbooks that try to cram several recipes per page. Whatever your food preference, whether it is poultry, snacks or breakfast smoothies, there are recipes for it here.

This is a very good introduction to healthier eating. Even if you can improve your diet by only a couple of percent, it will help a lot. This book is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment