Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Geometry of Thinking

 Geometry of Thinking: How to Find Yourself and Succeed in Business, Kane Edwards, HighRock, 2022

At work, are you stuck in an emotional rut? Do you think that there has got to be something better than this? New opportunities are always available. This book may be able to help.

Compare your talent to a guitar. Everyone has a talent for something, some people just take longer to find it than others. The guitar has sat in your closet for your entire life. One day, you take it out, and start playing. The sound is awful. Do you toss it back in your closet, and vow never to touch it again? Instead, learn to play just one string the right way. Then you can master two strings. After that, learn how to play chords, and, before you know it, you are actually playing the guitar.

It is the same when starting a small business. It is normal to want to make a million dollars in your first year. That is not going to happen. There will be setbacks and false starts. There will be days when quitting looks very tempting. Concentrate on doing one thing very well, until you can do it without thinking about it. Then add another thing to do, and another, and another. Before you know it, you are successful at getting a promotion at work or running your own small business. Perhaps you are a creative person, with plenty of ideas for small business to start. But you stink at the "business" part of running a small business. Concentrate on learning how to run a business, or hire someone to do it for you.

This book is less than 100 pages, and is very thought-provoking. It will get someone out of their emotional rut, and help them get a promotion, or a better job. It gets 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment