Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, January 30, 2023

I'll Sit This Right Here

 I'll Sit this Right Here, Brian Welch, 2022

The author was in a serious, same sex relationship, until he found that his partner had been cheating on him (more than once). It hit him like an atomic bomb. Simply getting out of bed, and going to work, required superhuman strength. His co-workers knew that something was very wrong.

 

How does one even start to recover? With a lot of soul-searching and therapy, the author began to put himself back together. He had a difficult childhood, so he also had to deal with a number of old emotional scars. This is a very honest, and heartfelt, tale of one person's emotional journey from darkness to light. For anyone going through an emotional hard time, consider reading this short book. It is very much worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment