Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Crypto for Beginners

 Crypto for Beginners, Hudson Lee, 2022

Cryptocurrency is the newest way to make (or lose) money very quickly. This book gives an introduction.

 

The first thing to do is create a crypto wallet. It is where you will store your currency, and it is also required. The book explains the process, step by step. You will be asked for a password of random letters and numbers, and a secret phrase. It is imperative that you keep them in a safe place, like on a flash drive, or on a piece of paper in a safe deposit box. Lose your password, or your secret phrase, and your crypto riches are gone, forever. There is no re-setting your password.

 

There are hundreds of currencies available, with more created every day. Which one do you invest in? It's called "research." You wouldn't buy shares in a company just because you like their commercials. Don't invest in a currency just because it's the most popular, or the cheapest. Are you a short- or long-term investor? Don't invest more than you are prepared to lose. Don't panic if the price suddenly drops by a lot.

 

Crypto scams are everywhere. Don't give your password, or secret phrase, to anyone. The IRS wants their portion of your riches, so don't forget about them. Cryptocurrency losses are tax deductible. Many exchanges offer trading accounts on paper, so you can learn the process before spending real money.

 

This book does an excellent job at taking the reader through the process, one step at a time. Keep this book nearby during your journey through the world of cryptocurrency. It is well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment