Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Out of This World: Awakening

Out of This World: Awakening, Specializzi.x and Friendz, 2022

 

Nicole is your average office worker whose life takes a bizarre turn.

 

She meets a presence in her house who does not do well in light, whether sunlight or lamp light (no, it's not a vampire). His name is Arik, and he says that they have been together for many lives all throughout time and space. Nicole and a friend hold a seance with a local witch; it will put everything back to normal. The seance does not go well.

 

Nicole starts to regain memories of the past, along with acquiring three cats who can talk. Suddenly, Arik is whisked away by strange forces who do not want them to be together. Does Nicole go after the man she loves, and look for information on her past, or does she return to work, and forget Arik?

 

This story is surprisingly good. It rates very high on the Weird Meter, with enough science fiction for anyone. It is very easy to read and understand, and I hope that a sequel is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment