Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, January 30, 2023

The Ideation Equation: How a Handful of Habits Can Make You a Creative Genius

 The Ideation Equation: How a Handful of Habits Can Make You a Creative Genius, Linus Bille, 2022

Some people are just born creative, and the rest of us are permanently out of luck, right? Wrong, according to this book.

 

Everyone has heard the term "think outside the box." This implies that there is a "box," that human thought has somehow been suppressed. It implies that thinking differently than everyone else is a bad thing. The author does not suggest getting rid of the "box," but find some way to exit it on occasion. Schools do not exactly kill creativity, but they certainly don't do it any favors, pushing it into a kind of deep hibernation. Something else which should change is the concept that there is one correct answer for all questions. This ranges from questions like "What is 2+2?" to "What is the best way to. . . ?"

 

This book contains exercises to help anyone raise their creativity level. It shows that there is not a "creativity gene." This book is very easy to read and understand, and is highly recommended for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment