Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Power of Vitamin D

Power of Vitamin D, Sarfraz Zaidi MD, Outskirts Press, 2010

This book is about a miracle chemical that most people lack. When a person's body has a reasonable supply of it, this chemical can help reduce the severity of many physical ailments. The miracle chemical is: Vitamin D.

Yes, that is the same Vitamin D that comes from being outside on a sunny day. Maybe parents should re-think covering their children with sunscreen anytime they go outside (for fear of skin cancer). Being outside or drinking milk with Vitamin D are certainly not bad ideas, but, by themselves, they will not provide all the Vitamin D that a person needs. The author also feels that the recommended amount of Vitamin D per day, 400 I.U., is much too low (Vitamin D is measured in International Units). The author also cites studies showing that a lack of Vitamin D can be linked to a variety of physical problems, ranging from high blood pressure to heart disease to multiple sclerosis to fibromyalgia to depression.

Does this require a trip to your local doctor? Yes, so that a blood test can be done that specifically measures the level of Vitamin D in your blood. It is helpful to know if your Vitamin D supply is a little low, or if you are. figuratively, empty. Then you should go to your local pharmacy, buy some Vitamin D, and start taking 2000-3000 I.U. per day.

Can it really be that simple? Can your illness be lessened, or even cured, with Vitamin D? There is little, or nothing, to lose. This is a very interesting book that is very easy to read. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment