Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

DUAL 14-Day Detox

Dual 14-Day Detox: Complete With Tasty Recipes and Detox Tips, DUAL GmbH, Amazon Digital Services, 2018

What is detoxing? It is an attempt to live a healthier lifestyle by removing as many toxins as possible from the environment. Some toxins, like air or water pollution, cannot be easily removed by the average person. However, when it comes to food or personal hygiene products, it is very possible to reduce. or eliminate, such toxins. That's what this book is all about.

Greatly increase your consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables (organic items are preferred). Greatly reduce, or eliminate, your consumption of fried food, sugar and processed food (the typical American diet). This book specifies which foods are healthy, and why.

Try pronouncing some of the ingredients on a bottle of shampoo or body wash. Those chemicals are being absorbed, through the skin, into your body. Look for alternatives that have fewer, or pronounceable, ingredients. Consider making your own shampoo or body wash. That way, you know what is in it.

This is a short (less than 50 pages) and very good book. Even if a complete detox is not possible, any movement toward a healthier lifestyle is automatically a good thing. This works really well as an introduction to detoxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment