Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Coronavirus & COVID-19

Coronavirus & COVID-19: What It Is, How to Avoid It, How to Survive It, Peter Kent, Amazon.com Services, 2020

This book attempts to prevent facts regarding COVID-19.

It gives some background on exactly what coronavirus is, and is not. COVID-19 is just another form of the flu, right? (Wrong.) SARS-CoV-2 is the official name of the virus, while COVID-19 is the disease that comes from the virus. The author looks at exactly how it spreads.

What can the average person do to slow the spread? Stay home, if you can. If you have to go out, like for grocery shopping, the book tells what to do. If you think you have been exposed, self-isolation is a very good idea. How do you get a COVID-19 test? Last, but not least, how can a person build up their immunity?

An inherent limitation of a book like this is that whenever it is published or posted online, it is instantly obsolete. There are plenty of links throughout this book for further information. It was updated in the last month or two. It presents facts, as known at the time of writing, not suppositions, rumors or conspiracy theories. It is not meant to replace a trip to your local doctor, but it easily deserves six stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment