Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Confessions of a Crypto Millionaire

Confessions of a Crypto Millionaire: My Unlikely Escape from Corporate America, Dan Conway, Zealot Publishing, 2019

This is the story of Everyman. The author was slogging his way through corporate America, living with an addiction that he thought was behind him. He had to deal with insane bureaucracy, and the dark, cynical side of his personality that turns on at inconvenient moments. There had to be something better.

He did a lot of research about this thing called cryptocurrency. It seemed like an excellent way to exit the "rat race." He wanted to invest the family's life savings, a substantial amount of money. His wife's "price" for her agreement was the taking of several expensive trips with their two young children.

Like any other investment, losing it all was a distinct possibility. Conway watched as his investment went up, with no sign of stopping. For him, it was not about simply making a lot of money. It was all about a lifestyle change, about never having to return to corporate America. Others urged him to sell some of his investment, to pay bills and the mortgage.

As fast as the price went up, it also went down. Did Conway panic and get out? At the end of the book, did the family move to some exotic place, like Ireland, to live off their wealth, or did Conway return to corporate America?

This is an excellent introduction to the world of cryptocurrency. It is very easy to read and understand. It is the kind of book that could have been written by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment