Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, January 5, 2024

Face Maskculinity

 Face Maskculinity, Paul-Wesley Bailey, 2020

 

Eric is a member of Congress, and a rising star in the national Democratic Party. The White House seems to be the next step, until an affair with Sue, another member of Congress, derails his political career. Sue is a satanist, and introduces Eric to satan. Why limit yourself to being President of the United States, when you can be dictator? For a while, Eric is married to Destiny, who he turns into his sex slave.

Robert is your average twentysomething living in Long Island. He lives with his mother, he doesn't own a car and he works a dead-end job at a local supermarket. He meets a woman named Destiny (the same one). After a night of sex, Robert is violently ill. He recovers, and discovers that he has incredible physical powers.

Eric's takeover of America, through a cult called Eye for an Eye, is complete. He and Sue are in the White House. Millions of people are dead. Robert and Destiny are the only ones who can stop him. Who is still alive at the end? (The author leaves room for a possible sequel.)

This is a really good story. It has lots of action and religion and sex. There is also lots of good writing. This book almost, but not quite, reaches the level of being an excellent book (it gets 4.5 stars). Yes, it is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment