Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Firefighter Exam Study Guide 2024-2025

 Firefighter Exam Study Guide 2024-2025, Talon Redwood, 2023

This book will help with taking the exam to becoming a firefighter. Each state might have a slightly different exam, but the basic exam is the same.

Of course, being a firefighter involves more than just taking an exam. The requirement that a firefighter must be in very good or excellent physical condition should be at the top of the list. Next comes the requirement that a firefighter undergoes a thorough mental exam. They will encounter people trapped in a burning building and panicking, or people otherwise not at their best. Awareness of different cultures and ethnic groups is also important.

The book also explores the anatomy of a fire, types of fire extinguishers, basic first aid and a firefighter's personal protective equipment (PPE). There are many questions and answers in this book, along with a practice test (with answers and explanations). 

For anyone thinking of becoming a firefighter, this book feels very complete and is a good place to start that journey. It's also recommended for anyone who just wants to know more about the world of the fireman.

No comments:

Post a Comment