Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Art of Building Great Products

 The Art of Building Great Products, Mayank Mittal, 2022

This book is all about the world of product management, whether the product is virtual or tangible (can be held in your hand).

 

The product manager does not have to be an expert in each part of the process, like coding and marketing, but he or she must be familiar with them. If your product is being sold to the public, analyze your website traffic. Are people clicking on your site, then quickly leaving? Are people looking around your site, but not buying?

 

If you want to add features to an already existing product, talk to your present customers. Do it in person, and not just through online surveys. Are they interested in the new features? Instead of trying to add many new features all at once, add just a couple of new features. Make the new product as bug-free as possible. If your present customers like the new features, then add a few more.

 

If you are a start-up and this is a new product, know your market. Who is your target audience? Who are your competitors? How big is the overall market? At all times, frequently test and evaluate your product. Fix any problems (or start over) sooner, rather than later. Does "a great idea" actually turn into "a great product?"

 

Product management, on any scale, can seem big and confusing. This book does a very good job of reducing the confusion. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment