Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Soul Bonding Technique

 The Soul Bonding Technique, Jon Dabach, 2023

 

This book is for people in a relationship, whether married or not. It is best for after the “honeymoon” has worn off, and one partner’s extreme tidiness collides with the other partner’s near-hoarding.


What is your love language? Do you show someone that you love them through touch, snuggling on the couch, giving gifts or through acts of service (like keeping the house clean)? It’s important to understand your partner’s love language.


What is your ideal relationship? Are you an extrovert or an introvert? Is it OK if your partner is the opposite? Sex: often or occasionally? On the subject of mental stimulation, is Friday night at the local bar with “the guys,” or a monthly spa weekend with “the girls,” enough, or do you need more?


When one partner does something that really bothers the other partner, whether it is a pet peeve, or a real problem, there is a right way, and a wrong way, to bring it up. Starting a journal, or practicing gratitude, or using the Law of Attraction might be too New Age for some people. Positive thinking has been shown to have a noticeable, and favorable, effect in medical studies (a placebo).


This is much more than just another book on therapy for married couples. The author claims a very high success rate with couples that he has counseled. If “separation” or “divorce” are being considered, reading this book is an extremely good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment