Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Thursday, February 8, 2024

NHA Phlebotomy Study Guide 2024-2025

 NHA Phlebotomy Study Guide 2024-2025, Robert Cliven, 2023

 

Have you ever had someone take a sample of your blood while you are at your doctor's office or an urgent care clinic? That person is a phlebotomist.

 

There is a lot to keep in mind as a phlebotomist. It starts with finding a usable vein, usually in the crook of the elbow, and inserting the needle at the right angle and depth. The patient may be apprehensive or have a fear of needles, so being able to answer all questions from the patient is important. After the sample is taken, it must be properly labeled. Mislabeling a blood sample can lead to the patient not getting appropriate health care. A phlebotomist must also safeguard a person's private health information, and ensure that it stays private.

 

This book explores each of these areas, and answers many FAQ questions about phlebotomy. It also has a sample test, with answers and explanations. Experience as a phlebotomist is necessary to be qualified to take this test. This book feels very comprehensive and easy to understand. For those who want to become a certified phlebotomist, this is an excellent place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment