Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Say No to Negativity and Win the Fight In Your Head

 Say No to Negativity and Win the Fight In Your Head, Jonah Okpara, 2023

 

An Uber driver can meet all kinds of people, good and bad.

 

On one trip, the author (a recent emigrant to America from Nigeria) met an older man who felt like a failure. He was totally unable to work due to a severe health condition. Another passenger was a young woman in tears because her boyfriend was treating her horribly. The author talked to them, and gave them some encouragement, some common sense and a bit of religion. Both passengers left his car feeling a lot better.

 

This book explores subjects like how not to be depressed, how to reduce your anxiety, how to deal with seasonal affective disorder and how to relieve stress in your life.

 

The author is not an academic or theologian, but an average person. This book is surprisingly good and very inspirational. For anyone having an emotional rough time, regardless of the cause, reading this book is an excellent idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment