Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, April 21, 2023

The Ultimate Worry-Free Pregnancy Guide for Dads

 The Ultimate Worry-Free Pregnancy Guide for Dads: 9 Simple Steps to Crack the Dad Code, Curtis Hoyles

Your wife, or partner, has just handed you a Father’s Day card (and it is not close to Father’s Day). You are about to become a father. What do you do now?

 

The best thing that you can do is to support her as much as you can. Take over some of the daily chores. Learn how to cook, and not grill outside. Get ready for her mood swings, and strange food cravings. Stay up, and watch TV, with her when she starts throwing up at 2AM. Go with her for her periodic check-ups. Attend childbirth classes with her. If fatherhood classes are available, go.

 

If she is a smoker, or likes wine with dinner, that needs to stop while she is pregnant. A good way to support her is to do it with her. Eating healthy, or healthier, is a very good idea for both of you. Exercise, or some sort of physical activity, is another very good idea for both of you. It can be as simple as an after-dinner walk around the block.

 

As her due date approaches, ask her who, and what, she wants in the delivery room. If the in-laws “expect” to be spectators when she gives birth, and she says No, you tell them No. After you are home from the hospital, you screen phone calls and visitors until she is ready.

 

This is an excellent book for fathers-to-be. It is very clear and easy to understand. For any guy who is panicking about becoming a father, take a couple of deep breaths, and read this book. It will help a lot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment