Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Youth Climate Change Movement

 The Youth Climate Change Movement, Liz Fe Lifestyle, 2021

 

Greta Thunberg is the most well-known climate change activist, but she is hardly the only one. This book introduces the reader to several other activists working to improve conditions in their communities.

Write to your elected representatives, in your state capital or in Washington, demanding that they act on climate change. Climate change education needs to start - today. It should not be taught just in college, or just in high school, but an age-appropriate climate change curriculum should also be taught in elementary school. More young people will get involved in battling climate change if they learn about it in school.

Recycling and using public transportation are not nothing, but much more effort needs to be aimed at the corporations that do most of the polluting. For instance, if an oil company touts their environmental record, write to them, on paper, and demand specifics. Paper is much harder to "lose" than an e-mail. Don't be afraid to write to them several times, becoming a pain in the rear end.

For any young person who needs inspiration to get involved in climate activism, reading this book is a very good idea. It is short, and very easy to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment