Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Have You Seen Baby Pigeon?

 Have You Seen Baby Pigeon?, Hanna Kowalewska, Independently Published, 2022

Sophia is an average little girl living in an urban apartment with her grandmother. Sophia loves to draw, but gets more unsatisfied with what shows up on the paper. One day, her grandmother suggests building a bird feeder. They build one, and a couple of pigeons take up residence.

A nest is built, soon followed by a couple of eggs. Some time later, there are a pair of chicks in the nest. Sophia is overjoyed, and has all the inspiration she needs to draw them on paper. One day, the parents leave, and don't return. Sophia takes it upon herself to take care of the baby birds, feeding them and helping them to fly. 

This is a very heartwarming story, intended for little children. It's a good tale for parents to read to their children, and talk about afterwards. It is a gem of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment