Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, March 13, 2022

SSAT & ISEE Vocabulary III

 SSAT & ISEE Vocabulary III, J Stone, Independently Published, 2022

This book attempts to teach vocabulary to students taking the Middle/Lower Level of the SSAT/ISEE test.

For each vocabulary word (there is one per page), there is the pronunciation and the type of word it is (noun, verb, adjective). There is a short definition of the word, and a couple of sentences using the word. Next are several synonyms and antonyms for each word. Most of the page is occupied with a silly cartoon illustrating a rhyme for each word. In the back of the book are review exercises with answers included. The book also has some tips to make memorizing each word easier.

This book does an excellent job at painlessly teaching elementary school vocabulary. It is recommended for all students taking the SSAT/ISEE test. It is also recommended for any student who needs extra help with vocabulary.



No comments:

Post a Comment