Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Bestseller

 Bestseller: How to Create a Perennial Bestseller on Amazon that Brings Passive Income 24/7. Albert Griesmayr, Scribando, 2021

You have written what you think is a wonderful book (let's call it "My Life in the Cosmetics Industry"). It has been professionally edited and proofread, it has been properly formatted for Amazon, and is otherwise "ready for prime time." How does it become a bestseller?

A couple of months before launch, start putting together your launch team. These are people who are willing to purchase your book and/or leave a review on launch day. Your team can consist of friends and family members, professional colleagues and social media influencers. Let's say that you get an e-mail address for a member of the Kardashian/Jenner family. Any help from them would be beyond incredible. Why should they help you? They have never before met you online. You have to give value before you get value. The book explains what that means.

Regarding advertising, you are using Google and Facebook Ads, right? You should be mentioning your book on whatever social media platforms you are on. Do you have a personal website to advertise the book? Is there a business or professional website that you can use?

What do you want from your book? Do you want a couple of hundred dollars in sales each month? Do you want to retire on the proceeds from your book? The more sales and reviews a book has, the nicer Amazon's algorithm will be to it (rate it higher - maybe to Bestseller status). 

This is a very comprehensive, and very well done, book. It goes through the whole process very clearly. This book belongs in the kindle (or bookshelf) of every would-be author.

No comments:

Post a Comment