Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Globalistas

 Globalistas: Insights from the Frequent Travels of Airline Crews and Digital Nomads, Aiman Kabli, Independently Published, 2020

Do you have a bad case of wanderlust? Is foreign travel on your bucket list? This book may be able to help.

The first rule of foreign travel might be: Be Flexible. Sometimes, things will not go the way you want them to go. It's totally acceptable to have an itinerary, but leave free time to just wander, and see what's around the corner. You may find the local equivalent of a mom and pop diner. Keeping cleanliness and sanitation and personal safety in the back of your mind is always a good idea. If you are new to foreign travel, staying in a big hotel is also very acceptable. With more experience, consider the local equivalent of a bed and breakfast, or even an Airbnb. No one expects that your first foreign trip should be a six-month backpacking trip around Europe. It's important to keep an open mind, and an open stomach, especially when the local food looks disgusting, and the local liquor tastes like kerosene.

There are many reasons for foreign travel: military service, seeing the world, being a travel blogger or being a "digital nomad" (someone who is able to work, on their laptop, anywhere there is an internet connection). Whatever your reason, reading this book is an excellent place to start. It is full of tips from people who have "been there and done that," and it may just provide the nudge to get you on an airplane going to another country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment