Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Unicorn Journal and Sketchbook

 Unicorn Journal and Sketchbook, Maky Publishing, Independently Published, 2022 (ISBN 9798802596531)

This sketchbook is meant for young girls who love to write in journals, or who love to draw or doodle.

There are blank pages for drawing, and lined pages for writing in a journal. Small drawings of flowers and unicorns and smiling clouds adorn the edge of each page. This rather reduces its target audience to only young girls with an artistic or literary flair. The cover has drawings of cupcakes and ice cream cones, which certainly helps.

This sketchbook is very much worth giving to a niece or granddaughter. After she becomes a world-famous artist, you can show people this book and say that you helped her to gain inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment