Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

How to Start a Successful Food Truck Business

 How to Start a Successful Food Truck Business, Walter Grant and Andrew Hudson, 2022, Independently Published

You have decided to join the food truck "revolution." There is a lot to do before your first day of business.

Go to your city and state government, and find out exactly what permits and licenses are required. If you are just starting out, it's OK to lease a truck. When you get established, consider buying a used, or new, truck. Keep current with the vehicle maintenance. All of your paperwork should be in one place that is easily accessible. Retrofit your truck with required grills, refrigerators and prep space. There will be an inspection by the local health department.

What sort of food will you be serving? Why should people go to your fried chicken truck, if there are already ten other such trucks in your area. Will you be doing food prep ahead of time, even if it just peeling and chopping vegetables? Find a commissary or restaurant kitchen to use. The health department will have a hard time approving your home kitchen.

Where will you park your truck? Go back to your local government and see if there are any restrictions, or areas that are off limits. Social media is a requirement, so that people know who you are, and where you are.

Like any other small business, success is not assured, but it is possible. This book does an excellent job of exploring everything to consider. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment