Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, May 20, 2022

Mime Lung Music Festival

 Mime Lung Music Festival, Jeffrey A Brick, Blueberry Kale Yoga Books, 2017

Most of this book is a memoir. The author works in the health field, and the Marketplace (through the Affordable Care Act) is about to open. He has become infatuated with a female electronic music artist who goes by the name of Tokimonsta. He follows her around the country, and figures that the best way to publicize the Marketplace at her performances is to wear a t-shirt with its web address, and dress like a mime. Maybe someone will remember him.

The scene suddenly shifts to a few decades from now. People's brains still function, but their bodies are dead, or in something like suspended animation. He is in a sort of virtual reality world with a woman called MagnoliaRex. Their time together is rapidly disappearing. 

Here is a really good story about movies, science fiction, electronic music and love. It's just strange enough, without being too strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment