Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, May 16, 2022

The Complete Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners 2022

 The Complete Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners 2022, Ellen Marino, Independently Published, 2022

The Mediterranean Diet is not just Another Diet. There are no special meals to buy, or calories to count. It is more like a lifestyle that is based on greatly increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables (the fresher, the better) and eventually eliminating your consumption of processed foods and sugar. 

Other "good" foods include fish, chicken, red meat (monthly) and olive oil. A bit of red wine with dinner certainly won't hurt. Healthier eating has been shown to reduce, or eliminate, symptoms of chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. The book includes a 12-week suggested menu.

The 200 recipes in this book sound delicious. They include Orange French Toast, Greek Yogurt With Nuts, Fish Fillet on Lemons, Salmon With Tomatoes, Peach Glazed Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Breast With Tomatoes and Basil, Smoked Pork Sausage, Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Veggie Mediterranean Pasta and Chocolate Brownies.

Don't try to jump into the Mediterranean Diet all at once. Try easing your way into it; first, one day a week, then two days a week, etc. This book is an excellent place to start your journey. You have nothing to lose (except extra weight). 

No comments:

Post a Comment