Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Eve Code

 The Eve Code: Empowering Women to Become Their Own Chief Empowerment Officer, Mariett Ramm, Independently Published, 2022

Many books have been written about various aspects of female empowerment. This one is different.

It goes into detail about exactly what happens, biologically, during a woman's menstrual cycle (guys, if your wife/girlfriend starts acting "weird" at the same time each month, there is a very good reason for it). The book looks at female spirituality, and the four seasons of a woman's life (maiden, mother, warrior and crone). It talks about emotions and hormones. No, there is nothing wrong with you if your emotions are closer to the surface than in most people. Emotions like fear, anxiety and guilt are discussed. Occasional fear and stress is normal, and might actually be good for you. Chronic fear and stress is not normal.

The book ends by describing how any woman can become her own Chief Empowerment Officer. This is a first-rate, bordering on amazing, book. Obviously, it is recommended for all women. Guys, if you honestly want to understand what women are like on the inside, here is an excellent place to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment