Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, July 14, 2023

ChatGPT for Book Outlines

 ChatGPT for Book Outlines, Mark Silver

 

You are sitting at your laptop, ready to write a book. Should it be fiction or non-fiction? Murder mystery or self-help? What book subjects are always popular? Consider asking ChatGPT for help.

 

Here are some actual prompts that a would-be writer can send to ChatGPT (the book also includes its answers). Which topics are considered timeless and have a lasting appeal? What are some examples of helpful tips and strategies for a book on (topic)? Explain the steps involved in creating an engaging outline for a mystery novel. What is a unique and engaging angle for a book on personal finance aimed at young adults? What is the best way to structure chapters in a book on (topic)? Is there any redundant information in my outline that I should remove?

 

This book is my first exposure to ChatGPT's abilities, and I was shocked. It can do practically everything, short of actually writing the book (give it time, that will come, too). Some sort of AI regulation is needed; the sooner, the better. Until then, this book is recommended for all writers and would-be writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment