Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Ketogenic Diet on a Budget

 Ketogenic Diet on a Budget, Alina Palmer, 2022

 

These days, nearly everyone has heard of the Keto Diet. It is based on consuming lots of healthy fats (the human body needs a certain amount of fat every day) and very little carbohydrates. The idea is that the body will burn fat for energy, which is a good thing, after it runs out of carbs.

This book gives an introduction to the Keto Diet. It talks about the possible health benefits, it lists foods to eat (and avoid), and it talks about the "keto flu," possible side effects from your change in diet. There are ways to follow the diet without going broke, and the book lists kitchen gadgets that might be needed. Then there are the recipes.

There is one recipe per page, with a color picture of the dish. There are ingredients and instructions for each dish, along with nutrition information, and prep/cook time. The recipes include: Ham and Egg Pies, Coconut Granola, Salmon with Lemon Butter, Keto French Onion Soup, Cauliflower Fried Rice, Keto Beef Tacos and Keto Chocolate Cake.

This feels like a very complete book about the Keto Diet. Try cooking just one dish in this book. If you like it, then try another dish. Eating healthier, even just a little bit, is a very good thing. Before you know it, your eating habits have totally changed. This book is very much worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment