Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Guide to Traveling on a Budget

 Guide to Traveling On a Budget, Liz Fe Lifestyle, 2021

 

Is it possible to vacation in other countries without maxing out your credit cards or taking out a personal loan? According to this book, the answer is Yes.

 

Start saving money today. Cut that daily Starbucks coffee down to weekly. Do you really use all of those monthly subscriptions on your credit card bill? Are there ways to shrink your electric bill? If you have extra stuff around the house, sell it online or have a tag sale. Put all of that saved money into your Vacation Account.

 

Visit airline websites every day. They may have a special today that is gone tomorrow. Be Flexible. You may want a non-stop flight from America to Rome, for instance. You may also find that flying to Rome, via Amsterdam, is cheaper than flying non-stop.

 

Do lots of research on your destination country. Are there museums or cultural landmarks with free, or reduced-price, admission? What is available in hostels or inexpensive hotels? Is there a decent public transportation system? You really should try some street food, at least once. Be Flexible. Don't set your itinerary in stone, because it is going to change. Consider traveling in the spring or autumn, when fewer tourists will be there with you.

 

This book also includes a look at budget traveling in countries like Guatemala, Morocco and Fiji. It is an excellent introduction to the world of inexpensive vacations. Maybe it will inspire you to start planning that overseas vacation that has been in the back of your mind for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment