Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, July 17, 2023

Winners' Guide to GMAT Grammar and Sentence Correction

 Winners' Guide to Grammar and Sentence Correction, Jay John, 2023, ISBN 9798361827954

This book explores the sentence correction section of the Graduate Management Admission Test, an important part of any graduate education. If a certain concept is not in the Test, it is not in this book.

The book starts with the basics of English, looking at nouns, verbs, adverbs, prepositions and interjections. It then explores the sort of errors commonly found in the Test, like subject-verb errors, misplaced modifier errors and errors in tense.

It then moves on to more specific sentence correction problems to avoid. They include that/which, these/those, can/could, was/were, loose participles, more/most, rise/raise, summon/summons and in/into. Of course, there are many example sentences to test what you have learned, along with answers and explanations.

This is a very concise and well done study guide. It is not just recommended for those taking the GMAT, but for all students in high school and college. For any student who needs extra help in grammar, or advanced students who want to skip ahead, start here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment